Community Newsletter: February 2012
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Welcome Message from Accellera Systems Initiative Chair
- Join Us at DVCon
- Join Us at DATE
- Indian SystemC Users Group Call for Contributions
Welcome Message from Accellera Systems Initiative Chair
Welcome to Accellera Systems Initiative! We are glad to have you as part of our Accellera Systems Initiative Community.
I am very proud of everything we have accomplished in the last few months and the plans we have put together as a result of the merger of OSCI and Accellera, two industry organizations focused on the creation and adoption of EDA and IP standards.
If you would like to learn more about our completed merger, please watch our video.
Some of our organization’s recent accomplishments include:
- Completing the merger of Accellera and OSCI to form the Accellera Systems Initiative
- Hosting two SystemC User Group meetings in Taiwan
- Our session at IP-SOC in Grenoble, France about our EDA and IP Standards Roadmap
- Publication of a SystemC AMS extensions white paper
- Completion of the next revision of the SystemC LRM, IEEE 1666-2011, which is available for free download
- Continued interest in our IEEE 1685 (IP-XACT) standard with over 4000 free downloads to date
- Release of our Video Tutorial "Software-Driven Verification Using TLM-2.0 Virtual Platforms"
Some of our work in progress includes:
- The SystemC Language Working Group’s public review of its SystemC 2.3 Library through March 3
- Nominations called for the Accellera Systems Initiative Technical Achievement Award
We look forward to connecting with you at our upcoming events:
- DVCon at the DoubleTree Hotel, San Jose, CA, February 27 – March 1
- North American and European SystemC Users Group meetings at DVCon and DATE, respectively
We invite you to look around our new website to find out more about these events as well as useful information including our technical video library.
We look forward to a successful year of standards innovation. Please let us know how Accellera Systems Initiative can be of help to you and your company. The best way to learn more is to visit www.accellera.org.
Shishpal Rawat, Accellera Systems Initiative Chair
Join Us at DVCon
Accellera Systems Initiative is proud to sponsor The Design & Verification Conference & Exhibition (DVCon). This premier conference for functional design and verification focuses on bringing information from the leading edge of technology, methodology, standards, and actual user experiences.
February 27 - March 1
DoubleTree Hotel, San Jose, CA
We are pleased to announce an exciting program of events for the first ever Accellera Systems Initiative Day on Monday, February 27!
Accellera Systems Initiative Day focuses on providing in depth knowledge for our emerging and established standards to our user community. We are hosting a forum for SystemC users and conducting four tutorials on standards with sessions running concurrently throughout the day. We will also host an interactive dialogue with the users to discuss "What will success for the Accellera Systems Initiative look like?" during the lunch break.
For more information, see our Accellera Systems Initiative Day page or dvcon.org/monday_matrix.
Register for DVCon and tutorials >
Register for NASCUG meeting at DVCon >
Join Us at DATE
The European SystemC User Group will host two events at DATE 2012:
- Friday, March 16: "OSCI and Accellera Core Technologies for the Next Generation of System-Level Design" Workshop
- Tuesday, March 13: ESCUG User Group Meeting
Workshop: "OSCI and Accellera Core Technologies for the Next Generation of System-Level Design"
European SystemC User Group Workshop
Friday, March 16, 2012
8:30h - 16:30h
Workshop page: http://www.date-conference.com/conference/workshop-w6
Registration open via the DATE website.
The merger of the Open SystemC Initiative (OSCI) and Accellera unifies trendsetting standardization activities in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) world and creates opportunities to better integrate and facilitate system design through implementation flow. The standards that are established and promoted by OSCI and Accellera cover a broad spectrum of today’s and tomorrow’s Electronic System Level (ESL) modeling and verification strategies.
This workshop is focused on the core technologies from both the OSCI and the Accellera world, and gives an outlook on how techniques may collaborate and converge. The format of the workshop includes four invited sessions from Doulos, Synopsys, Cadence, and ARM--providing a substantiated overview of the core technologies and their future way--and tutorial sessions--providing a practical guide on how those technologies can be successfully applied for improving a company's design strategy. In a second section, the workshop provides a platform for users to present their work based on OSCI and Accellera technologies.
25th ESCUG Meeting
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
8:30h - 21:30h, Room FR1
ESCUG page: http://www.ti.uni-tuebingen.de/25-ESCUG-Meeting.1083.0.html
The European SystemC User's Group (ESCUG) celebrates its 25th meeting. This meeting will be organized as a panel discussion around the merger of OSCI and Accellera, and its opportunities and challenges.
Moderator: Gary Smith, Gary Smith EDA, US
- Marcello Coppola, ST Microelectronics, FR
- Grant Martin, Tensilica, US
- John Aynsley, Doulos, UK
- Dennis Brophy, Mentor Graphics, US
- Josef Eckmueller, Intel, DE
- Johannes Stahl, Synopsys, US
- Stan Krolikoski, Cadence, US
Number of seats is limited and registration will be handled on a first-come first-served basis. Participation is free of charge.
ISCUG 2012 Call for Contributions
The Indian SystemC User’s Group (ISCUG) aims to accelerate the adoption of SystemC in the Semiconductor Industry. ISCUG provides a platform for the SystemC beginners, SystemC experts, ESL managers, and ESL vendors to share their knowledge, experiences and best practices about SystemC usage. ISCUG is calling for contributions to ISCUG 2012 to be held Monday, April 9, 2012 in Bangalore.
Abstract Deadline: February 15, 2012
ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER
Newsletters are emailed to all Accellera Systems Initiative member employees and community participants. They contain news and event updates from accellera.org. If you do not wish to receive newsletters via email, you can unsubscribe in your account settings under the Workspace tab.
Add accellera.org to your list of acceptable domains to make sure you receive updates from Accellera Systems Initiative.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact:
Copyright 2012 Accellera Systems Initiative